Last weekend I got my wedding album, and knew that I needed to find a place to store the many duplicate photos that my wife and I had ordered. My mother insisted that we use the old traditional photo album to store the duplicates just like she had back in the day; of course she had completely forgotten about the harmful acidic chemicals that can be found in old-school photo albums. These harmful chemicals eventually eat away at photos and destroy them. What is the point in ordering duplicates if they are just going to get ruined?
My home does not have much in the way of storage space, so I needed a photo storage case that does not take up a lot of space on shelves or in the closet. Usually binder style photo albums are not very space efficient. They take up lots of shelf space and waste closet space that could be used for other items.
photo sets keeper with 6 photo cases
I was online at Stacks and Stacks, searching for photo storage accessories, when I came across the perfect solution for storing my wedding pictures. The photo sets keeper with 6 photo cases had the perfect durability, style and compactness for my wedding pictures and more. Each of the six photo cases is able to store up to 100 photos, ensuring I will have plenty of room for all of my photos and any photos I take in the future.
With a size of 5.5″H x 7.4″W x 8.6″D, this photo case is very compact and provides storage for all of my extra photos. The top of this box latches down, and with the acid free construction, will not break down the quality of the photos over time. The lid of this case has molded handles, making it easy to transport this photo case anywhere!
The large photo set keeper with 16 photo cases may look small, but it packs a punch in terms of storage, holding 1600 of 4 x 6 print photos for safe storage. This is a wonderful, modern update to traditional cardboard photo boxes.
large photo set keeper with 16 photo cases
The nice thing about this plastic bin is that it is water resistant – you don’t have to worry about the box crumbling if water gets splashed onto it. The other great thing is that it can keep your photos organized in separate containers as well. So if you are going to see family and friends, or have a special visitor in your home, you can simply reach for the individual box of photos that you want and have a look at that one only, no more messing around in a box of scattered, messy photos! This new plastic bin is also acid free, a must have when storing photographs of any age or subject.
Here are some other great tips for storing photos:
· Photo Albums – this is an obvious choice, that is if you have the time to sort and make up an album! If not, then you will want to have some sort of photo box like this one or even a traditional photo box. Any plastic bin will do, just make sure it is acid free if you plan on using it for a while. Shoe boxes work great too and they are free!
· Label – With these individual boxes, you can use a label maker or simply make your own labels with a printer or by hand to sort. Sorting can be done in any way that you choose, from dates to different vacations and more!
There are endless ways to safely store or display your favorite pictures! Happy Photo Browsing!
This week’s featured item is similar to a plastic bin, but updated in terms of materials and style! The Kube Kids Storage by P’kolino is a modular storage collection with fun style! These boxes are made of wood with fun colors that work wonders in terms of grabbing kids’ attention when it’s time to clean up! The modern design looks great in the playroom, and can also work with their changing style over the years as they become tweens and teenagers! Play with your style with these great organizers! Mix and match colors or go monochromatic, whatever suits your taste!
kube kids storage by p'kolino
Here are some other ideas if you feel like upgrading from plastic to other storage options.
· Fabric! There are so many different options for fabric boxes and baskets out there nowadays, you are sure to find the one that matches your decor scheme. Fabric is great choice for a storage container in the office, and also when organizing a closet to hold everything from accessories to shoes, sweaters and more.
· Wicker – This is an old favorite for a reason. You can swap wicker for plastic for an organizer that will work just as well as your old one but that has an updated style. Wicker baskets are great for office storage, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom, of course!
· Eco Friendly Options – Look for recycled paper, and even reclaimed wood boxes to replace your plastic ones. You’ll be doing everyone and the planet a huge favor!
· Start Small! I know it’s not as cheap, so I would recommend once a month or even once a year, whatever works into your budget, simply swap out an old plastic bin for a new and improved, stylish storage bin. But don’t throw away that plastic bin – it can be moved into the garage or outdoors for a new use!
One of my favorite organizing tools, and surely many professional organizers would agree with me, are stacking plastic drawers! These handy drawers can be used literally in every room of the home, and even can help with outdoor and garage storage as well! One of my favorites for multipurpose use is the set of 3 iris x-large stacking drawers! Plastic drawers are easy to use and easy to clean and dust. Plus, since they are so valuable in so many different ways, you can move them around the home or office from time to time for new jobs everywhere.
set of 3 iris x-large stacking drawers
Here are some tips on choosing and how to use your plastic stacking drawers:
· In the closet – For clothes storage, whether it is for temporary or permanent needs, plastic drawers are a wonder in the closet. They are compact and stackable, so you can stack them as high as you wish for maximum storage. An extra large size can hold anything from socks and accessories to sweaters and even purses. Look for either large all in one units to replace a dresser or modular options to customize to your needs.
· In the garage – Plastic is a great material for garage storage, because it is easy to clean, so it’s no problem if your tools scuff or drip oil on the plastic surfaces – simply wipe them clean! Look for drawers with clear fronts or open front plastic bins so that you can easily see what is stored where!
· Outdoor Storage – garden or deck use – Plastic is truly made for outdoor use. It will not rust or rot, and it can simply be hosed clean whenever you want! Great for holding everything from gardening tools to outdoor linens and decor items.
· Office – Don’t forget, the office can always benefit from additional storage, and sometimes, stacking drawers are the way to go!
Wrapping paper and the emotional experience around it is something most of us take for granted. Think about it. First, you go through the process of finding that perfect gift for someone. A birthday, a religious holiday, a graduation – whatever the occasion, it’s always personal and meaningful. While some see the wrapping of the gift as just a means of concealing an object to enhance the surprise (and that’s fine), I have always appreciated the experience to the final bow or curled ribbon.
iris gift wrap storage boxes
Two people in my life are probably the reason I hold this practice close to heart. More like a sacred ritual. My grandmother for starters. You never saw such perfection in a wrapped gift. The patterns always lined up perfectly in the back where the two ends met and you would never find an imperfect bow on her gifts. She made it an art form like Renoir painted women in gorgeous fashions. My father also made gift wrapping into an art form, but in a different way. If a gift was obvious by its shape, he would go to great lengths to make it appear otherwise. If it was a small gift, he’d wrap it in a box, within a larger box, within a larger box, etc. Once, he gave my sister a soccer ball but placed it in an oversized bag with a broom handle sticking out! So, their influence obviously has a lot to do with my love for wrapping presents in creative, yet aesthetically pleasing ways.
To make a long story short, I have A LOT of wrapping paper! I love picking out designs, whether beautiful and ornate or quirky. And just like any other collection, gift wrapping paper needs a sturdy and dependable storage solution. I store my vast selection of wrapping paper in these Iris gift wrap storage boxes. They keep dirt and moisture out, and because they’re hard sided, I can stack multiple boxes without the worry of my delicate wrapping pieces getting crushed!