If I could use only one product to organize my fridge, it would be refrigerator storage bins.
If you’ve ever been down on your knees, cleaning up the mess from the mushrooms you forgot, the meat that thawed and leaked through the cellophane, or the Buffalo Wing sauce you inadvertently tipped as you rummaged for a midnight snack, you know exactly what I’m referring to. Messes. Icky, sticky messes. Unidentified, mystery messes. Messes made glaringly apparent by the stark contrast against your cold white refrigerator interior.
When I started working at Organize-It, I quickly discovered tons of ways to organize my home. The refrigerator bins by Dial were probably the most glorious discovery. I quickly purchased enough to fill my refrigerator. Now you might be thinking you can get some dollar store plastic and use that, but I don’t recommend it. Here’s why, some plastics are safe for food, and some aren’t. Also, plastics not engineered for cold temperatures quickly crack when the temperature exceeds their tolerances.
Dial refrigerator storage bins are food and refrigerator safe. There are numerous other reasons they are great:
- Clear plastic lets you see the contents.
- Recessed handles let you pull them out for easy access.
- Spills are cleaned by removing and washing the fridge bins only.
- Easily access hard-to-reach items by removing the bin.
- Easily organize food by consolidating like foods into individual bins.
- Reduce refrigerator maintenance by tending to bins as they get soiled.
- Refrigerator bins come in a variety of sizes including narrow bins for fruit.
- Bins are stackable for efficient vertical storage of smaller food items.
Refrigerator storage bins help me keep my refrigerator organized and I seem to have less food waste, as the food is visible and accessible. The stackable design lets me add more as needed and I was able to combine units to fill most of my shelf space, with a little left over for small liquid cartons, such as milk. I highly recommend these, as they are my favorite food organization product.